What is it?
Myasthenia gravis is a longstanding autoimmune disorder that causes weakness of the muscles.
What are the symptoms?
Myasthenia gravis presents as:
- Weakness of the arms and legs that improves after resting and gets worse after a physical activity.
- Double vision.
- Swallowing difficulties.
- Shortness of breath.
What to expect?
If you are diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, you can consider discussing the following subjects with your doctor after the initial treatment:
- Was there a cause found?
- Is there any need for investigations for further evaluation and assessment of your condition? If so, what preparations do you need to do prior to these tests?
- A healthy diet, quitting smoking and an active lifestyle can help improve the overall health and well-being. Which changes can you make in your lifestyle?
- Quitting smoking is very important in preventing another . Are you open to stop smoking? Is your doctor able to support you with this?
- Was there a specific cause found?