What is it?
Meniere’s disease is a rare, inner ear condition that is characterized by dizziness, vertigo and balance problems.
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms of Meniere’s disease include:
- Spinning sensation or vertigo.
- Loss of balance.
- Ringing in the ears.
- Hearing loss.
- Noise sensitivity.
- Ear fullness.
What to expect?
If you are diagnosed with Meniere’s disease, you can consider discussing the following subjects with your doctor:
- Was there a specific cause found? If none, do you need investigations or tests to assess your hearing?
- What are your treatment options?
- Some patient with Meniere’s disease are prescribed with medications they need lifelong. Is this the case for you as well?
- A healthy diet, quitting smoking and an active lifestyle can help improve overall health and well-being. Which changes can you make in your life style?