What is it?
Binge eating disorder is a mental illness. It is an eating disorder characterised by uncontrollable episodes of binge eating.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms of binge eating disorder may include:
- Eating a large volume of food in a short period of time (binge eating).
- The feeling of loosing control of the amount of food that is eaten.
- Feelings of guild, disgust and shame.
What to expect?
In addition to treatment by your doctor or psychologist you can try the following things:
- Maintaining a normal rhythm by going to sleep at normal times and getting out of bed early in the morning.
- Try to keep doing your normal daily activities.